Ian Allinson, standing as a workplace activist, doesn’t have the resources of the establishment candidates who are well-paid from members’ subs and have powerful backers. If you want things to change, please get involved.
If you support the campaign, please leave your details using this form.
Get in touch via the form or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07985 438 553 to offer whatever help you can. For example:
- Invite Ian to visit your workplace
- Set up a hustings meeting and invite all the candidates. This works best if you do it jointly with other local branches or workplaces. There are some tips on hustings here.
- Request leaflets and other campaign materials for your own branch / workplace and for any others you can contact. Just let us know how many you need and where to send them. The campaign team can suggest local workplaces you could contact if you like.
- Email details if you are willing to publicly endorse Ian Allinson for Unite General Secretary.
- Like, follow, share and retweet on social media (Facebook, Twitter). Add a Twibbon to your profile picture.
- Campaigning costs money. Can you donate or collect money? There’s a collection sheet here. Members can donate either via www.donorbox.org/ian4unite, or by cheque payable to Ian Allinson, 11 Germain Close, Higher Blackley, Manchester, M9 0SQ. Branches can only donate after nominating. Donations will be receipted. Any member can inspect the campaign finances.
- Suggest people the campaign should contact and provide their contact details. And why not contact other Unite members or activists yourself?
- Contact local media to promote the campaign.
- Send in your ideas for how Unite could improve.
If you are campaigning for Ian, please stick to the rules and keep it constructive. The aim of the campaign is to improve Unite and encourage participation – personal abuse discourages participation.